Sunday, May 10, 2009

For Mama


She said my son I beg of you
I have a wish that must come true
The last thing you can do
For mama

Please promise me that you will stay
And take my place while I'm away
And give the children love each day
I had to smile what could I say?

How hard I tried to find the words
I prayed she would not see me cry
So much to say that should be heard
But only time to say goodbye to mama

Now soon there'll be another spring
And I will start remembering
The way she loved to hear us sing
Her favorite song 'Ave Maria'
Ave Maria

The children all have grown up now
I kept my promise to mama
I cannot guide them anymore
I've done my best all for mama
Ave Maria

Still this seems so very small
For all
She did for me

4 comments:

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

Boy, i know you missed her more now than before, and you wished you have done your best to let her know how you have loved her...

she knows....

amna said...

one of my favorite oldies..it bring back memories in elementary grade, this was my declamation piece , so sad, it made my audience sobbed (my greatest performance in elementary grade , hehehe) love your new pic here..guapo gid cousin ko ah!! take care!

Boysie Gonzaga said...

@Amna
Thanks! I just had my head shaved (again!) a few days ago, loool. Weather is getting hotter here!

Anonymous said...

We have to accept the fact that this is life cycle and we can not stop it,whether we like it or not.But your Mom knew that how lucky he got a good and responsible son like you,oh di ba?Swerte gid ang mga parents nga may eldest son nga wala gina pabayaan ang mga manghod.Same whom I know though he's a moaner..ok lang!nagapamati gid ako.Hey! cute ka dire sa pic mo.