Monday, March 2, 2009

Random Things About Me

I have been tagged by Odette, (A View From Above) and I promised her to make up a list of random things about me. So here they are:

1. Random Habit: I bite my lower lip. I usually do this when I am nervous or thinking deeply about something I am trying to figure out or listening keenly to somebody talking to me. Strangers mistakenly confuse it as a “turn on” or "flirting" lip language thing… whatever that is. Well, I have to start pouting then, and let them figure out what that means.

2. Random Fact: I am a sleepyhead. Inside a moving bus, car, airplane, terminals, park bench, a friend’s shoulder, etc. Give me a nice place to lean my head on… and I will just doze off.

3. Random Fact: I hate garlic. The smell really makes me sick! Hey! I think my family tree needs a little pruning. I could be the mutant Transylvanian variety.

4. Random Fact: I love cigarettes. They keep me company when I am alone, after every meal, while doing write-ups or catching up a work deadline.

5. Random Fact: I am a fitness freak. I had a set of dumbbells and a bench when I was in college. I was a member of a swimming team too. Now that I can afford to pay gym membership, I keep up a regular workout program for my “baby” and me. It is really fun!

6. Random Dream: To be so damn wealthy and be a philanthropist! Beat that Bill and Melinda Gates!

7. Random Wish: To die for a good cause. It is a strange feeling. But dying to save somebody’s life seems to be the greatest of all deeds to me. Or dying to save humanity perhaps would be my own way of paying back God for the life He has given me. I heard stories of dying people donating their insides for the sick and brave men going to war leaving their families behind to serve God and country. I admire them. I admire brave people.

8. Random Fact: I am a hopeless romantic or at least, I am getting there. Do I need to explain that?

9. Random Fact: I am (sort of) ambidextrous. Writes with my right, cuts with my left, paints with my left, punches with both, swings both ways, etc., whew! Love it!

10. Random Fact: I had my first accident when I was six years old. I saw my nanny going out of our main gate to buy something at a store across the street. I ran after her but got hit by a speeding jeep when I was about to cross the street. I woke up in the hospital a few days later. The driver ran away never to be seen again. My nanny is still working with us up to now – as our cook.

11. Random Fact: This tagging thing is driving me nuts! Can I just settle for eleven instead of twenty Odette!

4 comments:

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

finally, and the long wait is all worth it!!!
you could never said it better, as you continue to urprise me for every random facts - i kept gigling too.
actually i wished you could just go on and on...
now do tag five others and be surprised too at what you will find out from them, hahaha.

amna said...

well, at least you said more things which i'm not still aware of..how's everything? you made me guilty so here i'm back..darn..what a good life out there, ha ha ha.

guess you have enough time now to explore your imaginations. keep up the diversity, it's getting better and better.

amna said...

heeyyy..that caricature up there has a lot of resemblance to someone dear, hehehe..joke joke

Anonymous said...

At least i know some bits and pieces about you..go with your dreams..want to be fit?..stay away from fogging Mate..oooppss..see you around