Saturday, March 7, 2009

Francis Magalona, 44

Rapper-TV host Francis Magalona died Friday at the Medical City in Pasig City, his co-hosts at the GMA Network’s noontime show “Eat Bulaga” said. He was 44.

Magalona succumbed to multiple organ failure “secondary to severe sepsis and secondary to pneumonia,” according to a hospital source. He passed away at 12 noon, said Philippine Daily Inquirer sources.

In his final blog entry written on January 14, 2009, he addressed fans and requested their prayers.

“I look forward to the pain as I know my journey is on full speed ahead. I will not be bold to say that without asking a favor from you all. PLEASE PRAY for me as I undergo treatment. Your prayers, as always, have sustained me. And am sure the Lord will listen to all our prayers. To His will I submit myself.”

An Ilonggo
As a biography, Francis Magalona was born on October 4, 1964. His birth name was Francis Michael Durango Magalona and he was one of nine siblings. His parents, Pancho Magalona and Tita Duran, were both Philippine movie screen legends and his grandfather was Senator Enrique Magalona.

2 comments:

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

i was surprised when the news about his death was told to me. he is still young and very talented. he was suppose to be present in the concert tonight of the Eheads but then this...

amna said...

that's sad but i'm pretty sure that he had lived his life fully more than the majority of us. may he rest in peace.