Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ready, Aim...

(Casual conversation with Zaki)

Me: (While getting inside the car) “Salam! How’s things?”

Zaki: “You are two minutes late! You know how hard it is to find parking around here. My rear nearly got bumped while waiting for you in the middle of the road.”

Me: “What’s the big deal, you got car insurance.”

Zaki: “What’s with the jacket?”

Me: “It’s cold, my bones are hurting.”

Zaki: (Laughs) “Old people!”

Me: (Ironic) “Kids…”

Zaki: “Hey, my pic is up for bid on Facebook®.”

Me: (Laughs) “Finally you got face value.”

Zaki: “Do you remember the one you took a couple of months back?”

Me: “Got hundreds of them. Which one?”

Zaki: “The one you turned upside down!”

Me: “You mean ‘rotated’, dummy.”

Zaki: (Annoyed) ”Whatever. It’s worth three-hundred thousand dollars now.”

Me: (Stunned) “What?! That’s a lot of money for one lousy pic!”

Zaki: (Feeling gorgeous) “Excuse me! It’s me in the pic!”

Me: “Hello, I was the one who took it. I got the copyright. Ok, fifty-fifty.”

Zaki: (Laughs) “We can’t get the money, wacko! It’s just a popularity bid. Somebody put it up for auction. And there it goes…”

Me: “Well, why don’t we start doing something for real?”

Zaki: “Like what?”

Me: “Like swapping it for a loaf of bread instead?”

Zaki: “*!*##@#**!!*#!!”

6 comments:

Harden said...

lol...whew.. nice.... conversation from dollars to a loaf bred....

keep posting...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha this is very very funny. I like that conversation!

Bryan Karl said...

Thanks Boysie. I also linked you up already. :)

Ze Cabreira said...

I think there's something wrong with your URL, can't link you up to my blog list. Hey I have been in Sagay before, in Bato. I went to the Bedayo family there.

Boysie Gonzaga said...

J. Villanueva Cabrera:
Thanks for dropping by. My URL seems fine, just keep on tryin please.
The family name is definitely Sagaynon (lol). When are you planning to visit our place again? Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

hhmmhh.. what a hunk!

i still have to gather my strenght to blast Cousin been dreadful.

Excellent piece you came up here.