Saturday, January 31, 2009

Drawing In The Dark

It is been awhile since I posted. Work is hectic and grabbing most of my time. By the time I reach home from work, I am either brain dead or already close to comatose. Well, that is what I am paid for. Therefore, I had better stop complaining

January is the busiest month of the year. It is the month of surprises where everything happens at the same time: re-org, yearend reports, new boss, location transfers, hiring, firing, etc. It reminds me a lot of the Big Brother reality show. You live in a house with a bunch of people you hardly know, work out the given house chore and wait for Eviction Day. At the end, there is always this promise of “a new beginning”. Well, whatever that is, it is up for the contestants to find out.

I reviewed my digital photography kit last weekend over breakfast of cigarette and coffee and tried some of the techniques the lecturer Jose de Luna (www.pbase.com/josedeluna) taught me. One of which was doing photography in the dark using moving specks of light. I love challenges when it comes to photography and I would love to try this one.

After a few hits and misses, these were the ones that came out:


Shutter Speed: 25"
ISO: 200
Aperture: F/8
Camera: Nikon D60 (tripod)
Settings: Manual

Shutter Speed: 25 seconds
ISO: 200
Aperture: F/8
Camera: Nikon D60 (tripod)
Settings: Manual



Shutter Speed: 25 seconds
ISO: 200
Aperture: F/8
Camera: Nikon D60 (tripod)
Settings: Manual

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoww..i don't understand these pics Cousin, whatever they are looks fantastic. you are doing great as always..versatile, talented, intelligent, super nice and handsome..runs in our blood? he he he (just kidding). love yah!

Anonymous said...

very nice.... what did you use for the "drawing stick" - is it a little laser or something?

Boysie Gonzaga said...

@MoneyEnergy
Thanks for dropping by. Just used ordinary penlight and multicolored LED. I adjusted color saturation through Photoshop. Hope you like it.

Boysie Gonzaga said...

@Amna
Thanks for the comment. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

miss you too..

Anonymous said...

"re-org, yearend reports, new boss, location transfers, hiring, firing, etc."

I can relate to this phrase...

Kumusta dyan? Pang-pro talaga ang mga shots mo!

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful! signature of the dark! :-) it made me remmber my moon and star writings..maybe will post it one day.

Anonymous said...

Fascinating photos - I am gong to try this technique - thanks for sharing. wishing you the best.